Tuesday, May 22, 2012

April 11, 1962

I had a long day! My arms are aching from working endlessly. I had a patient that had internal bleeding and a broken leg. He screamed at the top of his lungs while hyperventilating. On our way to the surgeon, we hooked him up to an IV bag. A doctor came to inject some morphine into his arm. Moments later he looked high on the drug and was completely silent since he was not in agonizing pain. A wheel tore off of the gurney causing the other nurse and I to lose balance. We quickly called out for a new gurney and carried the injured man to it. Once we made it to the surgeon, he got right to work. I knew that the man would live to tell his story. In these types of situations I always thank god for my life, as well as Johnny's.

No comments:

Post a Comment