Monday, May 21, 2012

Life as a Nurse during the Vietnam War

On July 7, 1959 I took this picture before I was deployed to the Vietnam War.
January 17, 1962: I personally volunteered to go to this war because I support it 100%. Democracy should be all over the world therefore I am fighting for the rights of others. My goal and the goal of the United States are to contain communism and promote democracy. I am willing to defend those in need of freedom. My husband does not agree with the war but because his father is a WWI veteran, he has to follow in his footsteps and become part of the United States Marine Corp. Johnny Smith, my husband, thinks that we are in war because the U.S likes to show off its global dominance. Whether he is right or wrong I believe otherwise.


No comments:

Post a Comment